3.29.2012

6 months













Our little girl is 6 months old. She's eating solid foods and rolling around and kind of doesn't feel like a baby anymore. She still isn't quite sitting up by herself but she is counting to ten and also saying her name ;) It's funny how we compare our kids sometimes. I have lots of friends with kids similar in age and I find it really interesting how they all develop so uniquely. Her hair continues to be red (she needs something to stand out against her brothers' eyelashes for goodness sakes. A grown woman recently asked what I did to make them so long. Uhhhhh) She does this scream/squawk thing recently that I think is her actually trying to talk because she isn't crying but she is trying to get our attention. Her sleeping is getting better incrementally and last night she did go 11 until 6:30 without eating and only waking briefly.

She has nearly doubled her birth weight (just under 14 lbs.) which it sort of the standard Docs. like to see I guess and at her apt. yesterday our pediatrician said her eyes were very symmetric and moved in synch but used a long fancy word describe it which I can't remember.

Also, a note on our boy. He is awesome and basically repeats everything we say or hears. My favorites recently are "wishish" for delicious and "conqueet" for concrete. The kid loves watching documentaries on trucks and planes and trains almost more than "Shaun the sheep". My mom described him well last night when she said he was, "dynamic". I think that is a perfect way to describe our boy. Dynamic.

We are really looking forward to visits in May from grandma and Pete (that is what he calls liz & Pete--he isn't Grandad,  he is Pete. ) and Grammy--nothing better that grandparents!


2 comments:

Normal Mom said...

They are so beautiful!

Charlotte Rose said...

Look at those gorgeous rolls in the first picture - too cute. BTW - I'm coming to visit later in the year : ) YAY