11.11.2011

Our 6 week girl.




For the past two days, I have been able to get both kids down for naps at the same time--well overlapping for an hour. I feel like I have accomplished something really big here. Again, I doubt it will continue this way but it feels big for me (although quite little) and these days, it's all about the little things.

She is 6 weeks now and seeming less like a new born to me. I honestly don't remember what her brother was like at this age except he finally figured out how to breastfeed at 6 weeks and I stopped having to bottle feed and pump so much. She has been a gem in the eating department but throws some royal little fits that I don't remember so much with her big brother. But the baby haze doesn't help the memory. One things she likes is a good beating on her back. Really, it seems like you are pounding a drum but she settles down when you do it and she likes to be snuggled up when you do it. It's funny figuring out all the little things these little people like and don't like. 

Of course, the smiles are brilliant. 

and now I am going to go take my free hour (minus 15 minutes for this post) and go eat a cookie and watch something on Hulu. Oh and as I write this, I can hear my boy talking to himself up in his room. I guess he isn't sleeping. Hmmmm, oh well.

3 comments:

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

the other day I got the girls both down at the same time and I felt like a rock star....It's only happened once. It's crazy how live gets right after a baby, even if they are good babies. Roxcy is adorable. I can't get over her awesome hair.

Charlotte Rose said...

Wow - Cutuie : )

Normal Mom said...

Ohhh, I could eat her up!