11.07.2011

our saturday morning.








These shots were from our Saturday morning. Lars got into my make up which was entertaining. Thanks Lucy for the cute sweater. I love the woolens you sent over for our little lady. You got those leggings for Lars I think.  and Thanks Kasey, for the cute hat from Bangladesh.

We successfully made it through a week without live-in help.  We miss you Liz! and my parents left the other day too so it was a mass exodus of grandparents so I am told I need to keep the blog updated as much as possible. I have started to feel a bit overwhelmed at times this week but Mike takes our boy with him whenever he runs errands and gets up early with him so I can sleep in a just a little bit. Our girl has had 4-5 hour stretches the last 3 nights but I know better than to think it will stay this way but I will take anything more than 3. She has been smiling and making little talking sounds this week as well. She has one mightily impressive little scream on her when she gets mad or is uncomfortable. I am still learning the subtle differences in her cries but we are figuring it out. Yep, her hair is still red but as her head grows, her baby hair recedes further back on her head. It looks funny but cute funny, of course. Our boy is very loving towards her. He gets so excited to give her hugs and kisses. He is talking A LOT lately. I need to get a video of him saying some of my favorite words. I especially like when he says hummus like "who muth"--a little lisp at the end is super cute.

I would like to officially thank the creators of Shaun the Sheep--basically Wallace and Gromit but with funny sheep. I don't think I would have made it through this week without it. I heard someone talk about how their 2 year old can count to ten in spanish from watching Dora and I thought about how Shaun the Sheep doesn't really have any talking but is really funny so our boy might not be learning to talk but he is learning about comedic timing for sure. He also learns how to pull funny faces which is more important for his existence than talking, right?

** looking back at this post, it looks like coral threw up. I guess i like it. 


              

gotta love the screen grab--she looks terrified. 

2 comments:

Charlotte Rose said...

We are Shaun the Sheep fans - it is really well done and funny as hell. I feel sleepy looking at your bed : ) Hope all is well and your babes are looking gorgeous : )

Normal Mom said...

Those kids are so sweet! I'm glad you are taking the time to document the little faces and noises. You are doing a great job. Just take things a day at a time and it will get not as stressful...most days. :)