2.02.2009

February thus far.


Apparently he saw his shadow and its another 6 weeks of winter--sure it will be more like 10 here:)


We watched the SuperBowl last night--the only game of Football I watch all year and not always. I really only like exciting/close games and then I really like them-a lot. Once I heard about the fact The Cardinals had never made it to the SuperBowl, have always been a pretty lame team, the QB has 7 children and used to work at a grocery store until he got another run at Football in his early 40's, I was hooked (well sort of). But the minute the fast guy with the dreads (see my vast Football knowledge) ran ahead and got that touchdown in the 4th quarter pulling the Cardinals ahead 23-20, I was giddy with delight for a minute until the Steelers got another touchdown and won 27-23. Hey, at least it was close. But I am with Mike, The Cardinals winning would have made a great Football Disney Movie with Dennis Quaid as the Grocery Store worker Dad (even though he is a bit too old now) and lots of triumphant music etc etc.

I did enjoy this commercial with Alec Baldwin.I like when he says that "once your brains are reduced into a cottage cheese like mush we'll scoop them out with a melon baller and eat them right up" You know they sold 260 million dollars worth of Ad space during the SuperBowl for $300,000 dollars a SECOND. There is something so so so so so so so so so soo wrong about the absolute overinflation of the professional sports world and its accompanying marketing scheme in this country-- as I buy right into and share with you.



We also quite liked this one. Lucy, what if the mini pandas also wore glasses like that Koala?




Whoa--I have NO IDEA where January went. Pure blur for me--for the most part. It snowed 18 inches the other day/night and Mike likes to take the Subaru out and just sort of slide around and into snow banks which I quite enjoy as well. He didn't quite make the turn into the driveway -- So much snow.

2 comments:

BOWS CREDO said...

Missing you but not the snow!

Rich Vial said...

Fun to hear from you!