1.27.2009

like Rebel diamonds cut out of the Sun.




Went to see The Killers the other night at Boston College. If you have any tiny little weakness in your heart for the Ballad Building Pop/Rock Song of old--they have their fair share of climbing crescendos and not possible to stand still to rock/pop beats--some of us couldn't stand still. I just love me a good slow build and then lights flash and BOOM! Fun fun. My only complaint is that we didn't have much room to dance (which didn't really stop us). I will take what I can get (even though I look ridiculous in the videos Mike took) which re-enforces the time in London with Anna, Mim, and Kelli downstairs in the Limelight's retro room and those girls were laughing at me. I laugh too. Just trying to get dumpling to as many concerts as possible.

Not so fun fun was the bit where we told the map to take us to CommonWealth Ave (from Cambridge) and it took us to CommonWealth Ave in Newton ( a burb) and as we were meant to nearly be there (Killers on in 10 minutes) we were in total residential-ville with no tall buildings or even traffic lights in sight. Uhhhhh. oh CommonWealth Ave in Boston is different? iphone in the red, fingers a little shaky as we recalculate our destination, a bit of confusions as to which direction we are going but deep breath, disaster averted and thanks to Mck's saavy city driving skills (even in Wonky world of driving, Boston) we made it.

See funny video below. Boy, it was fun but I really had to go to the bathroom.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh.. Chris. You are SO great. I totally forgot about clubbing in London. I wish we lived closer. We're huge Killer fans too.

Keep rocking out.

(Picture this: same story a couple of months ago with my husband, Brad and I rocking out at the Weezer concert. I was 8 months pregnant I think. I'm sure you looked way cooler than I tried to pull of then.)

Charlotte Rose said...

Cool Chris - love the killers

Jared said...

Is it me or do I have a really big nose!!!

Chelle said...

I couldn't see her face but I could tell that was Lani on the other side of Jared by the way her arms were moving. I'd know those dance moves anywhere. What a blast!

Leilani Bascom said...

So FUN!!!!!!!!!! Aaahhh!!!! More dancing....need..more...dance time in my life!! The camera has an amazing zoom!

McKay said...

so glad we had the G9 back for this show! But it did make me sad that we didn't have it for Coldplay. Sigh...