9.23.2008

About to board.


I am sitting at JFK airport waiting to board my Emirates flight 204 to Dubai. Now that I am checked in and through security A OK, the excitement of this adventure is setting in. I have the right mix of magazines, People, The Economist, Entertainment Weekly, and Domino all ready to go. I arranged departure from JFK (not the closest airport to Windsor) when I found a flight on Emirates (which Mike and I had flown to Turkey in 2005) for a good price. If the opportunity ever arises to fly this beauty of an airline, DO IT! The food is almost really good, hundreds of movies and tv shows, you get to hear everything in English and then Arabic (just cool) and they wear kind of odd, but chic, uniforms. I really enjoy the traveling part of traveling (once I get out of security and customs) and find airports such an interesting liminal space of transition and energy. I think this is going to be best the business trip ever, not that I have every taken a business trip but I am starting off right! I have no idea what the internet will be like in India with our friends but I hope to stay up to date with what I do and find. Who knows maybe I can update on what I watched and ate on the plane?

We left in plenty of time to get from NJ to JFK in case we hit traffic, which we did.


That's me in the reflection and all ready to go.

Note: I am going to be posting India insights at our Inn Site as well since I will mainly be working on designs, etc for that project. So if you don't see something here, there might be something there.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip. Will be looking forward to seeing what you do and find in India and to your returning back to Windsor.

Normal Mom said...

Be safe. I'm proud of you!
Talk to you when you get home.

Gail said...

lovin' that reflection pic Chris. Safe travels.