9.25.2008

Lightbulb head.

I had grand plans of taking pictures everyday and uploading them but I can't get my laptop connected to the wireless so words will have to suffice. After my 8 hours in Dubai, I boared the the 2.5 hour plane trip to Delhi and could barely stay awake. I think I fell asleep long before take off and woke up just before landing with my arrival custom forms sitting in my lap. I always get a little stressed/anxious around immigration whichever country I am in and I thought this one was going to be pretty uneventful until they nearly didn't let me through because of my HAIR! Yep, that's right they couldn't quite tell it was me because of my new chopped/bleached coiffe. I think he was just taking the imaginary authority most immigration officers have and being a bully but he wasn't very confincing and I saw his smirk (one Lucy and I saw many a times last year in India) so I didn't really let him have a chance to go anywhere with it and insisted it was me...I mean he had already stamped my passport through before he asked to see another form of photo ID. Dumb, but a little nerve racking, nonetheless. I must have said it pretty loud because there were lots of Indian eyes on me, but I do have a lightbulb for a hair cut now so I brought that on myself. That was the only small hiccup in the whole 27 hour trip.

We spent the whole day planning and talking about the Inn and fabrics so that I can best take advantage of my 10 days here. M & D are in serious transition mode so I am very very greatful for their welcoming me into their home even though they are extrememly busy. I learned more about printing today than I have in the past year of research. Tomorrow we are going to visit a wholesale fabric market and then to a printer so I can see it in action and there seems to be a very good chance of getting a custom fabric made. It is all very exciting.

2 comments:

marian said...

wow, sounds like an amazing first day! Can't wait to hear more!

Charlotte Rose said...

exciting and fun fun Chris, you have such an exciting life.