6.22.2008

Getting Settled

We are officially moved in and getting settled into our very own home and already the house is full of guests. Both my mom and Lucy are staying with us. I feel very lucky to have mom here and all her new house cleaning expertise. We have some plans for renovations this summer but everything will take time and money but is is absolutely awesome to have a space of our own. I am so glad we didn't have much to unpack but it was fun to unpack things I had in storage since high school and things I have and other treats my family had set aside for us. Over time, we will fill in the gaps, and get everything just right. Its been a dream of mine to have my own house to design and finally do with what I imagine up...so it begins.


Downstairs Living Room. I bought that zebra rug when I was 17 and I still love it.
The downstairs Dining Room area. We used those lamps at our Wedding Reception in the garage and a cool green bowl I got from my great friends but has been at my mom's house so fun to have it back.
This wall paper will be gone within the week ;)
La Cocina. There are lots of cabinets in this space.
The wonderful little pantry.
My temporary recycling center.
The downstairs mud room sort of place.The downstairs entry room with stairs to 2nd floor.
Mom's room downstairs.
1st floor Bathroom.
Cool little archway.
Upstairs master bedroom...this is just about half of it.
Master bath.
Lucy's 3rd floor room.

3rd floor bath.The other 3rd floor blue room, yet to be touched.

8 comments:

Zillah said...

hooray and congrats!

i call dibs on the blue room.

Gail said...

how neat to have your own space, and it looks pretty BIG.... excellent. I love the zebra rug too! Good call to buy it at 17, all I bought at that age was an elextrolux vacuum cleaner haha it lasted 15 years!
Im really excited to see what you will make of this space Chris (and Mike) Congratulations.
Thoughts and prayers -g

Chris said...

you got it Anna!
Thanks Gail! It's very exciting and a bit overwhelming but I would happy to leave it as is while I ponder what to do...it's just wonderful to have our very own space.

Vika said...

Congratulation on getting a house. How exciting! We are still looking to buy a house. I can't wait to see pics of your decoration....

Charlotte Rose said...

Well, sooo cool you two are so grown up. Love ya lots and hope you have fun over the years in your first home, such a cool house, looks like it has lots are character. So Cool.

Chelle said...

This really is such a cool house and it's already become a party house. I guess that's what happens when cool people live there.

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to come visit.
Looks like you are spicing it up.
I love that you have two bags of Touch of Lime Tostidos.

Ashley-Anne and Daniel Brown said...

Your house is great, Chris. Is it crazy to be a home owner? Are you enjoying being settled back in the states? I still get the "let's go" bug but it's diminishing.
Congrats also on the design gigs. You're super talented!
XO
Ashley