3.08.2008

We got our Glamaz-on.

Success. We got our Glamaz-ON last night fo sho! March 7th was a beautiful springish day for me with a bright blue sky and warm sun. At midnight I got to talk to my NZ family (Mike hooked us up with a conference call with Lucy too so it was all of us), I didn't go into work (I am technically my own boss so made sure to meet all my deadlines for the week) and relaxed, baked my Red Velvet Birthday Cake, went to lunch with McK, took an afternoon nap to reboot and re-energize for the par-te, received many emails, awesome cards and good thoughts all around. We all put our colds on hold (we are all infected) and rocked out to DJ n80y n8 (really I think he might need to consider a career shift), C-Dawg brought Rock Band (which I got hooked on with the Hafens and now we all are, no really Mike wants the whole set now), munched on McK's 7 layer dip, organic banana bread (we always have so many left over at the Merc) and got to see some of my wicked sweet friends from So. Ro. days (shout out to Amanda, Madelene, and Lyman for coming from far and wide to get it on!) Thanks to Deepa and Mani for their gift that keeps on giving me joy (sequins!) as I don't know that Glamazon would be the same without it. Enjoy the Pix!

clear blue sky
my rockin' little helper
settling in for some sweet release and nap

decor on a no budget (whatever Mck had around)
one of my favorite things

N8 getting serious with the music

my favorite dance partner
n8 has some serious moves
my favorite Mohawk brother



Madelene and Lyman drove up from Boston...
Collin knows how to rock out.
I look disabled
Karan you rock! Love to you dude!
I don't actually like peeps but they were on sale and I liked the colors.

Getting hooked
Get even more hooked!
Mike was in the zone!So was McKay!
So was JD!
So were L & M
My red Velvet Cake...was pretty darn good.

4 comments:

Zillah said...

I am going to commission you to make a cake for me. I heart peeps.

Normal Mom said...

How much fun! I wish I could have been there. So glad you had a wonderful time.

Gail said...

I have never heard of peeps, im assuming they are some kind of sweet, sickly thing. The colours are great tho.
You really know how to par-tay girlfriend.
Happy Birthday!!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Happy B-day Chris! You are too funny! I loved your party, and I LOVE your dress. How sweet is that. I also must say, the peeps did add a little extra something to that cake. Hope you had a great day!