2.25.2008

Oscars delight.


Its been another few great days here with my sister and the Hafen family. We've played games, I went to watch Allie at dance class and they performed for me this morning. Tonight was the night we have all been waiting for...the Oscars. We couldn't have really asked for better timing than to be here for Joy's b-day and the Oscars and to us, it is serious business. Joy and I gave the girls a lecture this morning about how tonight was about us and us watching the Oscars with as little interruption as possible. Being little girls who love dress up, they were pretty into watching the red carpet which was cute but they ate all of the treats Joy had set out for us so then Joy went up and made Brownies which she brought down with the icecream after they were in bed. At one point the HD chanel stopped working right before they began and we went into a frenzy to figure out where else to watch them, but it returned, phew. Sure, there is a lot about the whole thing that is way over-the-top, wasteful, superfluous, and fake but for Joy and me, there is also something exciting and glamorous that draws us right into the core and would love to attend ourselves, one day. We are thinking Joy in the category of original screenplay.One day. We have just about settled for a seat in the fan stands outside. It dragged on as usual. I liked Jon Stewart even though he only had 8 days to prepare and there were lots of montages and you could feel the rush in putting it together but it was the Oscars and we enjoyed our evening out, thanks to cable and HD, it was a good one.

More tea parties with Cheerios and water.
A little bit of twister.Look how she is streching her little self across.

S and A have both said, "Aunt Chrissy you take a lot of pictures." True.
M, aka Super Bug, takes a picture. I love 3 yr. old perspective pix.
Super Bug has the most staticky hair ever! I call her Fuzz head.
A little bit from the "Sisters"routine they did for their school talent show.Yeah that's right, we start them out early on the Red Carpet in our family.

The spread.

Joy got her Phish Food Special.This Brownie Mix I brought from the Merc (Stonewall Kitchen) is uh, amazing with a bit of Vanilla icecream. Perfect Oscar companion to get you through that last hour.
AND FOR THE OSCAR MOMENT OF THE NIGHT......

The winning song, 'Falling Slowly' from Once! I was thrilled for them. It was probably my favorite movie of the year and they performed so well and I could feel their joy. I also loved how Jon Stewart brought Mar back on to say her piece since the music cut her off and she was articulate and what she said was awesome. I loved that moment. I love their movie and music. I love them (I feel like a stalker) and it was just awesome.
I love your uber talented lil guts! Congrats! (as if they will read this...)

Note: After watching the the Arrivals, the show itself, and surfing the net for a couple hours to check out the pix up close I have compiled my Oscar thoughts here. A few pix below. Was Red in or what!


3 comments:

Brooke said...

I was seriously screaming with joy when they won. I also have to admit to being a superfan, they are going on tour and we MUST get tickets to the Baltimore show (tickets go on sale Friday). I must give you the original credit for peaking my interest about the movie.

bikeemikey said...

Screaming yes, me too! That's when my sister knew it must be a good movie, from the yelps. Ooooo I will have to see if they are coming anywhere close to Vermont. I would LOVE to see them. Glad I could pass on the love.

Chris said...

oops wrong account