2.23.2008

A Birthday day.


Today was actually Joys Birthday. I hope she had a good day. She got lots of phone calls, cards, and some cool prezzies too. The Hafens like to decorate for birthdays and Joy's favorite color is purple so she got herself some purple balloons to hang up. She also whipped herself a yummy chocolate cake. The girls scurried around finding things around the house to re-give her but they are so cute in the process. After Miranda gave her an eraser she ran up to her and gave her a big hug as to say, " I am so happy I made you so happy!" It has been so fun being around the girls and chatting with Joy, we have a lot to catch up on. Shannon keeps giving me hugs and saying "I love my aunt chrissy" and Alanah in her more mature way said,"I am glad you are going to be around for a few days" Me too.

Here are a few pix from the past couple days.


The birthday candles. Shannon got a little stressed there that we were going tor burn the house down.Look at those little hands trying to make a chord.
She was singing "Away in a Manger" following along the music with her finger and trying to play with the other hand.Rock Star.
Purple balloons for Joy's birthday!
\
This reminded me of when I was little and hated when mom tried to fuss with it. She kept saying, "Can you please be very very gentle." I don't know that I ever communicated that with so many words.Probably nnot.


Miranda has gotten very steady at pouring out of the teapot. They love having teaparties.
Cheerios, the universal food.
I think they were just tired from all the play that day.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

These are such great pictures, it sounds like those girls only get more cute everyday. What a blast to be there together.

Charlotte Rose said...

Hey Chris, long time aye. I actaully always check you blog out, juts can never be bothered signing in. But everything looks great love te photos you all look so happy. I am studying teaching in a one year Graduate course, so i will be a teacher this time next year. Freaky. lots of love