2.21.2008

Reunited after nearly 3 years!

This morning when I posted, I was actually waiting in the Manchester Airport for my plane to Chicago. While I was in India I emailed my favorite brother-in-law and told him of a plan I had which was to fly out and suprise me sister for her birthday and boy was he IN! We arranged the ticket and he got the day off work to come and get me and for the months in between we just tried not to let it slip. The plan worked flawlessly and while she was gone to pick the girls up from school, Hafe and I slipped into the house and I waited in the kitchen for her to come in. This is Hafe on the phone checking his messages to make sure she hadn't called and a picture of the clock as we waited and then the million dollar picture I snapped as she walked into the kitchen. It was perfect and she was so excited which made our days as well! My nieces took a few moments to figure out who the heck this new person was as well but they caught on and it was a fun afternoon of hanging out with my cool family in Normal, Illinois which will always hold a special place in my heart as I lived here for 3 different summers with the Hafens.Wealso had a little Rock Band jammin (that game is amazing...I really felt like a Rock star. They are totally bringing it to the reunion in June.) I also gave the girls some bangles that Lucy helped me pick out in India. Miranda was so eager to see what I had for her and Allie and Shannon very diplomatically split them up so both has equal colors. It was a pretty cool day.I will be here for the next 6 days so more pictures and stories to come.







1 comment:

Chelle said...

That bracelet picture is the best. You can just see the joy on her face to get to touch and play with such shiny treasures!!