6.25.2007

Fairy tale

This past weekend was quite fun...despite the fact that Mike is totally in the crazy crazy midst of his Honours paper. One of my best gal's (Alicia) sent me an email saying that a friend of hers was coming to NZ. So we connected with Marie and she stayed her waiting for a bus down to Queenstown. They got lots of snow over the weekend so the roads were closed for the better part of 3 days. It was fun getting to know Marie and chatting. She was in Sydney doing a Law internship and while she was there she met a handsome Lawyer and she told us the fairytale story. It reminded me of Me and Mike and our crazy meeting. I love our story and hadn't told it in quite a while so was fun to share with Marie. I showed her pictures along the way and all in all it was a fun weekend with Marie. We also got to meet up with Ben who I have also known since my very first trip to NZ. Thought I'd share some pix just cuz I can. The evolution of me me and mike in photos. We met just over 4 years ago...nothing like a road trip in the South Island to make you fall in love. The first time I came to NZ: I was masking my love with crazy faces. Mike looks scared.
How couldn't I fall for the boy?
After that week I came back for 6 weeks. We decided to get married pretty much right after I got back. We went on this amazing Tramp to Loch Negar with Ben. Ben took these "engagement pictures" beside the lake. We did actually use this for our annoucement. Nothing like 3 days without shower to take your engagement pix...


We just couldn't get enought of taking pictures I guess. Kind of cute.

While I was there, Jonelle, Gail, Alice, Liz, and I went on a bit of a trip and tramp to the West coast....don't we all look so fetching?
Then I went home and Mike finished Uni and then came over just after Christmas. Here he is with My niece Shannon who really loved him. So cute.

On my way up to the Temple to get Married!The night before I got married my sisters had put together this cool little presentation and Joy and Hafe and made me a DVD of Larson movies. Mike came by for a bit.
Leilani took this pictures a few days before the wedding just down the road from our house in the New Mexico sunset.

The wedding day!

This is actually the only photo of us at the little party we had in my parent's garage. Anway, that was a fun little trip down memory lane and procrastination from work. I love our story.

6 comments:

Gail said...

hahahaha I remember that tramp! Who could forget all that rain!! Funny.
That was a great little trip down memory lane Chris, you and Mike have certainly had an interesting and adventurous (pre)married life, I am sure there is more to come.
Very cool to see these pix and to remember your story.
My first date with my Michael was a road trip around the south island also.. that place has magic!

Charlotte Rose said...

Lucky you Chris. Fairy Tale meetings and weddings. Gosh it looks cold down your way, Brrrrr.
Great montage of photos, 4 years ago, man a lot has happened since you came over to NZ for your conference.

Chris said...

Now that I see all those pictures posted, I am wondering what compelled me...I had a LONG day at work and just needed to procrastinate more I guess. Actually Rosie, I just found some of you as well that I took when you came down that week. Should I post those??? Gail, I remember chatting about our Mikes as we tramped in the rain. That is when it was quite unsure for you. How did he end yo coming to NZ? Just to see you? Time to get ready for work. Have a great day!

Charlotte Rose said...

I totally want to see more pics. Argh the old days aye, life was a lot easier it seemed back then.

Zillah said...

i'll never forget you telling me the story while lounging on the top bunk in mim's place...i've never heard anything better.

let me know when you come to the us. i'm in indiana right now, going back to utah end of august, but willing to drive anywhere (as long as my car cooperates).

anna

Chris said...

Z.

We are going to be back in the states in December for Christmas with my parents in New Mexico. Then we are moving to Vermont. So are you staying in Utah or going back to Indiana?