1.13.2007

Bad Bad Day

This has probably been some of the worst few days I've had in a long time. I was given a new brief on Monday ( for a product brochure using pictures we had taken in our digi camera class weeks ago and I chose a hairdryer....really regretting that now). I had a hard time shifting back into school mode for one and then we had our anniversary on Tuesday and I never really got good thumbnails done and I have learned a very vailuable lesson off this....GET GOOD THUMBNAILS (planning). On Thursday night, the even before it was due), at 10:30PM when I still had practically nothing, Mike said, "You're like the most organised person in the world, how did this happen?" as I was a sure stress cadet by that point and he then had to deal with it (yes I was an "it", no longer a human). So Mike suggested I start from the beginning and actually do real thumbnails at that point. I did finally sort something out and from 12-1:30AM I got it laid out...but I will never be happy with this one. Luckily, it ended up not being due on Friday but things did not go smoothly in lab when I tried to print my fine work. THEN, I go outside to get my bike and go home and try to recuperate from the stress of the assignment and my bike is GONE! Yep, it was stolen. Just that morning I had thought, " Man, I love my bike", no joke. Mike had specially picked out all the components on it and our friend put it together for us in Taiwan. It was such a nice bike and in truth, capable of much more than I ever did with it. So yes, it was worth a whole lot...the most expensive thing we own well next to Mike's Bike. We went to the Police and filed a report and then filed with our insurance (which we got for the bikes mostly) and now we wait a couple weeks to see if it turns up ( ha!) and then see if we can get anything for it. Sadly, because it was from Taiwan and completely hand chosen from parts straight out of the factory and unbadged, everyone just thinks it's dodgy stuff. I just want my bike back. It is just a material thing but like most things, now that it's gone, I miss it. She was good to me. I bike everywhere and she will be missed. (she was also very pretty, for a bike)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blast! You should look on Ebay. That's sad. Very sad. It happened to my brand new orange cruiser bike when we first moved to Boston. AND it had 2 bike locks on it! I felt so violated. I hope you find it! And have a better day tomorrow