9.10.2006

More wanders around Sultanahmet found us walking past this window with AMAZING felt hats...handmade felt in Western Turkey, in fact. This place has some beautiful hand made felt clothes as well. Although enticing, I had my incredible leather jacket. That's the outside of our wee pension. The pink one was the pension and the one next door was the family home. They were lovely people and always peeking out the window to check on us as we waited for some people to go to dinner with. I loved wandering around the area. Very funky and stylish but not too busy as I can only imagine the influx of backpackers come summer.
So our pension was about 5 minutes from the Hagia and Sophia and Topapi palace so we walked past them to get anywhere.
and we took copious pictures of the Mosques...especially the Blue because it was just so cool.
Stands of olives, blocks of fresh feta cheese, fresh fish, and real Turkish delight...which is much better than I imagined. We bought a goodie bag of one of each sort to munch on. I wouldn't munch on them all the time but hey, it was part of the experience...now the feta and olives, I wish I could have packed some home.

No comments: