9.10.2006

We strolled through the Spice Market and this is some of what we saw. I wish I could have brought some of the spices with us but NZ is very strict on bringing things back. Look at all those Olives!

We wandered all over that day. Although I must say, we didn't get too adventurous and stayed within one area. That's a feel of the inside of the Grand Bazaare. I'll just have to go back to get it all in. We did meet this old man on a park bench and he was so happy to meet us. He didn't speak much English but just seemed so happy, maybe because people don't generally chat to him but he was sweet....until he kept kissing my cheek and Mike had to intervene. I like his glasses. And one more picture of me with the Hagia Sophia.
I loved that everywhere we went, there was a Mosque in the background. I love the shape of these buildings and especially at prayer time because you could hear the echoing and overlappings of the calls to prayer reverberate through out the city.



This is the lovely woman who helped us out with her family's pension. It was a great family run place with a great view of the Bosphorus and the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosques. We had a great stay at the Marama Pension and a fantastic time in Istanbul

No comments: