3.12.2012

Happy Birthday to me











I had a great bday this year. The day before, there were no bills and 3 cards for me in the mail. That night, after Mike got home from work I headed out to a night sans kids to wander around the bustling town of West Lebanon, NH. It was actually really fun, wandering around by myself with no agenda. In the morning, Mike got up with Lars and they made some berry pancakes and I opened my cards and the parcel from New Zealand Liz sent with some of my favorite goodies ( and this sweet little knitted dress for our girl). Mike shifted his day around and came home at 10:30 for the rest of the day which was the best. He took our boy to Library time and I enjoyed a long shower and then Mike thought we could go to Target since my sis sent me a gift card and my parents sent me a little money. Yay! Hey, it's the simple things. The day was warm and perfectly spring-like. We got some lunch and wandered around Target. I got a new water bottle, a top, a wooden car toy for boy, and this dress for our girl. I loved hanging with my little family. As if that all wasn't enough, Mike booked a relaxation massage at the Inn for that night which was divine. We ended the day, getting the kids into bed and watching "Hugo" quite visually cool.

I had all the ingredients to make my traditional red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting but was too tired to make it so did it the next day. I have almost single handedly eaten the whole thing by myself over the week. Kind of grosse but it only happens once a year. Mike filmed the cake lighting but it was kind of funny because he ducks out of singing ( he does not like singing) so it is just me singing to myself although our boy chimes in perfectly at the end. I think March 7, 2012 was the the recipe for the perfect bday.



Oh, and we can't forget this dance... Man, this makes us laugh. He is such an excited little guy.




5 comments:

Normal Mom said...

So glad you had a wonderful day, you totally deserve it!

Charlotte Rose said...

Sounds like a lovely day : )

Charlotte Rose said...

Ps. your girl is looking gorgeous and plump - sooo cute, and of course how fast is little Lars growing. Love you guys lots.

jessipants said...

i love looking at your bright, beautiful, vibrant pics and gorgeous self!! so so happy you had a wonderful bday. hugs and kisses xo

Rischel said...

Hooray for Chris! Happy birthday lovely