1.28.2012

January via phone shots













2012 is well on its way. We had some very very cold days this month but only one little snow storm--very mild winter 'round these parts. Our boy is talking a lot and some of it even people who don't know him can understand. As you can see we've had lots of time inside during the month of January. It's just not as easy to get out when it's cold but we try which means there is a lot of toddler wandering all over the house, destroying things and lots of Bumbo-ing for the girl.

The big news is last night he went up to Mike and asked to go potty. Sat down and went. Actually he went twice last night and then again this morning when he woke up. We were going to wait until the last possible moment when we knew he wanted to but he is kind of asking us to get with it. I don't know. I am still not convinced but we'll see how the weekend goes and then I might start reading up on the ole training tricks of the trade. I am happy to receive anyone's advice if they have any to share but again I am not sure we will be delving into this very seriously since I can't tell if he is really that into it and if he's not, I'm sure not.

Tomorrow our little Rocky Red will be 4 months.

2 comments:

Normal Mom said...

I don't have any potty training tricks for boys. My only advice is once you launch into it DON'T GO BACK! If you send him a message that today he's potty trained, but tomorrow it's ok if he's not, you'll drag it out a lot longer. There will be backslides, but once you commit to no more diapers, you need to mean it.
I love how he sort of looked at you when he fell to see if you were paying attention...funny stuff.

Charlotte Rose said...

yay - lots of cute photos of the babes and friends : ) I love collages Chris/Mike.

ps. I may or may not come and visit you this year, I hope I do : )