11.19.2011

moc-lit milk









Whenever we pass the diner Lars says, "I want pancakes"but it sounds more like " Ah wahn pan-cah". He talks all the time but I am sure it is just me and Mike that can understand him and all of his little words. Last night, Mike was working at the Inn late so I was juggling the two little people for bedtime and got them both in jammies on my bed. Our boy did something that I was telling him not to do and he said, "Mommy, shhhhhh" in reference to keeping my voice down for his seesta's sake. Oh, so that's how he takes discipline. Very cunning little fellow.

So this morning we treated ourselves to some pan-cahs. It was really cold outside on our walk down to the diner; the wind was bitter. Lars ordered his pancakes straight away and Mike got a chocolate milk to share. He chugged it down so fast. I tried to get a video of the whole thing but by the time I got the camera out, he was nearly done. I love the way he says chocolate milk. We had a lot of it while Liz was here (Mike took him to get some more today actually)--so this video is for you Liz because I know you miss the little chocolate milk boy.

After breakfast, we passed the local Barber shop and the boys got trims from Cassie. Our girl fell asleep during the walk to the Barbers (about a block) so she rested on the couch. Pretty cute. She was wearing her  wools from Liz. Everyone comments on how beautiful they are.

Our little girl is sleeping really well. We now know she can sleep 5,6,7, even 8 hours straight which is really great. I can see her trending a very positive direction and she is actually getting a bit of a consistent rhythm to her day. She really only has freak out crying spells when she is tired and just can't get herself to sleep and she cries so hard it doesn't even sound like crying but maybe some kind of tortured small animal. Sometimes all I have to do is say her name and tell her to come back to us and she chills out. Funny little girl. When our boy was her age, he was just barely starting to nurse well and was still so scrawny looking in comparison. Some things are just much much easier the second time around.

3 comments:

Normal Mom said...

I'm loving all these little posts and pictures!

tom and jonelle said...

She is sooo cutee!

Charlotte Rose said...

What a tiny little babe, what a lovely family you guys : )