9.25.2011

She can come anytime now.


BEFORE

The offending ceiling--pre leak

Th day we moved in back in 2008
note: awful carpet

 On Labor Day after Mike came down and said, "I think you are going to want to pick out some paint colors". He said he was just going to "investigate the leak" but that led to this...

Mike quickly realized he needed help getting the ceiling down because
it weighed a million tons and we are pretty sure that it held flesh eating mold
that gave Mike an incredibly bad rash

Ceiling down and carpet up before the wall goes in

Wall going in and new ceiling going up

Wall up and now we have 2 big rooms instead of 1 ridiculously large room


AFTER
(not the best pix and it is a serious work in progress)








The not so organized closet side but it works



Mike worked really hard all day Tuesday and Wednesday so we could get back into our room before I had a mental breakdown and then we worked all night getting the house sort of put back together. Over the past few days my family has been incredibly helpful helping with our boy and cleaning all the dark nooks and crannies of my house--and there are many. It is still a work in progress and we have lots of bits and pieces to  fix up but we are in and it's clean. Of course now that this is all set, the baby is going to wait it out. Today is the "due date" and I would like to get the show on the road but we'll see. I am kind of amazed how fast it all came together and Mike did this all while he has been suffering from a horrible itchy rash all over his legs and chest. I am  thrilled to have 2 nice new spaces (with really nice hardwood floors) for our upcoming transition. The perfect oasis.

I have a lot of little design things I would like to do but it certainly is a vast improvement and now we have a walk in closet/room/nursery. Mostly everything I got as bargain as I could or already and spiffed up somehow. I have wanted to hang our Mexican headboard since we moved in and a lot of what  I had went with that so I am finally able to kind of get it all working together with the paint etc. I am feeling like it is a little too matchy so I need to find ways to mix it up but we already really like having a bedroom without any dressers.


8 comments:

Bump and Erin said...

I am so excited for you! The colors are amazing! For some reason I get a Cat in the Hat vibe when I look at the nursery. :) Love the stripes! Good luck during the next few days! Can't wait to see pics of your new little one!

Sara said...

It looks just lovely! Reminds me of the rooms that you worked on at the Inn...you are really talented at putting a room together...(not a talent I share - you can rest assured.)

Looking forward to meeting the new little one...hope she shows up soon!!!

Charlotte Rose said...

What a handy man Mike is - well done. The space looks really nice Chris: )
Can't wait to see your new babe : )

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

The rooms look great! nice work!

I've been thinking and dreaming about your family a lot so far all the dreams point to you having a nice delivery. I hope they come true.

Leilani Bascom said...

Oh yeah. The rooms look amazing. I am in love with your design ability.

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

that looks amazing! I bet you feel so refreshed having a new set-up. I love finished projects. The colors look great. One day, when I have millions of dollars and can build a dream house I'm going to beg you to help me design it. Cause you're kind of awesome at that stuff. Good luck with ze baby! I hope all goes well.

sivab said...

Wow the room(s) look great. I guess now you can just relax until mini-chris arrives.

mim said...

it looks awesome!!