9.30.2008

Bollywood, oh my!

I've heard this everyday since I've been here. Last year it was "Om Shanti Om" and this year it is "Singh is Kinng" and that is with two t's. Some astroligists told them it would be lucky to spell it that way. Gotta love Bollywood. Apparently they had to pay Snoop almost as much as production costs for the film. Ha. I might try to bring this one home for a little Bollywood fix for the family. Apparently Producers on the track thought Snoop's hip-hop vibe combined with the Bollywood theme were the perfect pairing and are very supportive of him starring in a Bollywood film. Uh ok. But this is pretty special--keep watching past the intro and you'll see what I mean. I can't get it out of my head.


Being back here, I remembered how gorgeous Indian women are and Deepika in particular. (I find her mesmerizingly beautiful and I don't feel weird about that) AND how much I loved this song in Om Shanti Om and how we are still going to perform this for K on is special day. We haven't forgotten friend. Isn't it wonderful?

7 comments:

marian said...

ahhh Om Shanti Om - The best musical badminton / pirates number in the history of cinema I'm sure. :-)

Singh is Kinng is supremely awesome, I was DYING watching that. Please please please bring us back some Bollywood treats!!!

Karan said...

I'm not going to say anything. Except to say that I'm not going to say anything. Oh dear, how come I get tied up in these linguistic knots? Singh is king . . . of gnomic utterances.

Chris said...

I knew this would get an official "comment" from you.

Charlotte Rose said...

weird and wonderful chris.

Jared said...

That was the most awesome and disturbing video ever!! The D O double G looked a little uncomfortable. I am scratching any ideas I had for a Windsor Pub commercial. If one is going to be made it is going to be made Bollywood style!!!

Chris said...

Oh YES! A Bollywood Pub Ad. I am sure Nate would luv that.

Chris said...

and it could star all of us!