4.22.2008

Recovered!

The other night we were able to recover 250 of our Tibet to Nepal photos which we thought had been ruined. It was incredible to look back at them for the first time since being there and having that wee adventure that day, still one of the most memorable days of my life.


Mt. Everest. It was kind of odd to drive by the turn off to Mt. Everest. Just drove on by.
Dust Ball Kid or French Bread Boy (we gave him a few packets of "french bread" that were like fake sweet bread. He was so happy.
This was the guy who welded our jeep back together with nails they found in the dirt.
Heading up towards the pass looking back down on the dusty road we had driven.
We were nearly as high as the peaks of the Himalayas. Incredible . And we were above the sunset.
The pass.
Our rock star driver (no really). We got out for some pictures and it was so cold. It was after this that the trip really got interesting, sorry no pictures, it was too tense. I am really glad we were able to recover these.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

hey i didn't know that you thought the photos were lost??? Which ones are still lost? I am so keen to see those photos. I am leaving on saturday, kinda scared about stuff.
Talk to you soon.

Chris said...

It was just that card that had those Tibet photos on it...everything else is fine with the ocassional picture that didn't seem to come out. We took so many, I don't even really remember what we could be missing. I have copies for you which I could send to Utah ff you wanted.

Gail said...

Im really glad you all survived that "little adventure" good golly, I was scared just READING about it.
I hope we get to see more of the photos. I love photographs, in case you didn't know lol.

Gail said...

PS that photograph of french bread boy is one of the best I have ever seen, its absolutely stunning.

Chris said...

Thanks Gail. The lighting was incredible when we pulled over to get the car welded...just incredible. I am gearing up to post trip pix soon. Just trying to figure out the best way to do it.

Chelle said...

I'm glad you could recover these and I can't wait to see more.

Brittany said...

How cool! It's just like I imagined it when I read about your adventure all those months ago! What a killer time. So glad you recovered the photos...man, they're incredible (and sooo irreplaceable!)!! Hope all is going well with your new house!! :)