4.28.2008

Our travel photos. What to do?

the leaves have really come out this last week

My traveling shoes that look tired but still feel so good. Which brings me to another point. Most of Saturday I tried to figure out how to upload our travel photos into a web gallery on our photo program Lightroom only to realize that you had to have webspace to put the web gallery on...duh. There are just too many photos to put on this site and I really wanted to have them in their own gallery but blogger doesn't have a batch upload so it would potentially take 10 years to do it. I looked at dot mac and even signed up for the free 60 day trial and found a thread of someone who had exported their lightroom gallery onto their dot mac account but it isn't working for me and subscribing seems like an expensive option. So I was thinking flickr although I was hoping to customize it a bit as the pictures just don't look as nice in the flickr galleries. I know, I am being very picky and I should just put them somewhere but I just can't, its the aesthetics of it all. Does anyone know of a nice photo hosting site or ideas of what to do with them that is easy? I will figure it out, no doubt, but I took Saturday off to do it and it didn't get done...arrrgh.

7 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Chris - you guys have been so many amazing places. Why don't you create a travel wall in your new house - with pictures from every country you've been. Just a thought! Or you could make a video of your travels!

Chelle said...

arrrgh, matey. I'm feeling your pain. Saturday to do lists not checked off are not my favorite thing either.

Great playground pictures, you are such a good aunt.

Chris said...

Katie...I am already on that. I have about 50 pix I want to print and Frame for some wall in our house but I still want to post them all somewhere on the world wide web for our family and friends around the globe to check out.

Chell, you are such a great mom.

sivab said...

i know i have told you before but smugmug would be perfect for all your travel pix. don't go by my site because it sucks but you can fully customize it and photos look awesome on it. they have a wiki for transferring any photos you want from flikr as well. You can also do movies and stuff. I highly recommend that you try it.

marian said...

sivab beat me to it, I was going to suggest smugmug to you.

A while back we did a discussion post on Tales about digital photo sites, and a woman whose husband works for smugmug posted - she left an email address saying anyone who emailed him could get a free years subscription. You can find it here - just scroll down through the comments. Her name is Abby.

Chris said...

right before i received the note, Sara, I was looking up Smugmug because I remember you telling me about it while we were traveling...and thanks McK, I have emailed him but I think even if he doesn't give me a free subscription I will go ahead and sign up. I like all the customization you can do! Thanks peeps!

Gail said...

Couldnt you make your own website and have them on there, along with links to all your professional work etc?