1.02.2008

Portion Control.

1.I have heard about "The Cheesecake Factory" for years and have finally been. Holy Freakin' Hannah, they give a new name to the American portion game. This is the small portion salad and I am confident that my leftovers could have fed my extended family. We were all pressed to finish. There is something not right about the amount of food (in my opinion) but Mike might argue. When he reads this he might like to take on the issue but I think its crazy.

2.Here we all are stuffed to the max and trying to smile for the camera. We had been to visit my 'Beading Aunt' the day before and there I am wearing my new gold jewelry a la Aunt Janet.

3.And back on the homefront. This has been a familiar scene from our time home. Mom made me that truly funky robe (along with some other awesome dresses). She took these pictures diving into the world of digital camering. But we have one more day down here until we fly back to the place we will call 'home'... at least for a awhile and from what I hear, its freezing so we are trying to mentally prepare.





3 comments:

Gail said...

Love the funky robe and jewelery and funny stuffed full pics! I hear ya about the non portion control, it is hideous.
Mike asked about where he could buy some clothes here in Italia. Mike's boss, who is Italian and was the same boss he had in Cali... said "finding clothes in Italy is not a problem, it's like finding food in the US - too much"
There is such a huge difference in portion sizes from there to here, and there is such a huge difference in the proportions of the people from there to here too. Hopefully that will rub off on us.

Normal Mom said...

I love Dad's face in that picture. Like he's about to attack. I've never been to the Cheesecake Factory either. It looks like I'd have to fast for a week to prepare!

McKay said...

just a note - yes, it is COLD here. Prepare thyself! We have plenty of indoor and outdoor wear to keep you warm if you need it. :-)