1.31.2008

It's that time of the year.

In my family we have always watched the Award shows with keen interest in the movies but more particularly in what they are going to wear. Then we ooooh and awwwww or ugggh. It's fun and I have always looked forward to it. When I was 15 I loved Nicole Kidman's Asian inspired chartreuse Versace dress a lot (I went through an odd retro color phase teen fashion sense) and that year for Christmas mom bought the exact color fabric to make the dress. It sat in her closet for many a year and then came out to be a table cloth at our wedding reception and this Christmas when I was home she made it into a robe for me. Its very soft and yummy and I think I will get a lot more use out of it as a robe and not a formal gown (imagine that.) Anyway, we really like watching the Award shows and its been very anticlimactic for us this year. On Sunday night, McKay and I jumped at the fact the SAG awards were happening WITH celebrities. We devoured every minute of the red carpet (thank heavens for TIVO so we didn't have to listen to the inane jabber of the E! people) and the show itself. Then traditionally, we talk about what we've seen. I think our commentary is right up there with the Fugs themselves and very articulate. Sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't but its good fun. You can go here if you are interested at all in reading my complete report about this. I am very excited for the writers to wrap this baby up so we can see some action on the red carpet for the Oscars.
Can I hear a yip yip!

1 comment:

Gail said...

GOOD assessment!