5.31.2007

Long weekend ahead

Just finished up work for the week. It's a long weekend for Queen's Birthday on Monday. Just a day off work really much like the Memorial Day recently celebrated in the States. I don't think this weekend will be much more than any other but Mike will continue to work furiously away at his 3 essays and I will continue to do some marking for one of Pete's courses.

This past week we've watched

the first season of Boston Legal. Some very funny moments in that show. It's quite quirky. I had only caught snippets before but we've been laying pretty low so it's been nice to come home at night and just watch something. James Spader, William Shatner, and Candace Bergen sure can deliver a line. It helps that they have something to work with. I guess it's very Alley McBeal (rightly so since it's the same writer/creator) but it's just nice to see something with people who can act...I don't know about the guy on the left you used to be on Days of our Lives however. It's got funny little camera shots and sound bites, and I can't help myself when he says, "Denny Crane". So although it may be old news to many, it's new news to me.

This past week we've listened to
to be good tanyas. I don't know where I got this from. C'mon they have a banjo. I like their voices. mellow. folky/blue grassy I don't really know but I like it this week.

This past week we've been invited

to a wedding in India. My oldest bro, Nate, had a good friend at BYU who is a Sikh (the first non-LDS to be valedictorian of BYU infact ). He spent Christmas with my family in Vermont back in 1993. I was 12? I just remember that was the phase when I wore this yellow brimmed cap with pastel coloured buttons on it (Brig's costume from a play). Very bad phase. Anyway he brought quite an amazing feeling to our little Christmas that year and I remember him teaching me how to fold and put on his turban. It will be great to see him again and I think Mike will really enjoy talking to him. My brother thinks they could talk for 42 hours straight...I don't doubt it. Anway, Nate and McKay are going to come meet us for the festivities as well. I can't wait!

Now that I have said all that. I need to get to some marking!

No comments: