6.11.2007

Good week


The cold has come...with a vengence! Well perhaps that is a bit dramatic but winter has reared it's nasty cold head here in Christchurch. It's not so cold today, not biting but our apartment IS cold and I don't want to spend any more time there than I have to. I know, I know I am a wimp and I am about to move to Vermont which I think is actually colder. Since the temperature has dropped my hands and feet have not warmed up. I think I have really baad circulation and the most important thing in my day is to have arm warmers...sadly, I only have one pair and it's just not going to work. That space between your hands and where your shirt begins is like the gateway for all cold air to enter and make my body shiver. Am I cursed? Any suggestions? I wish I could knit because I would just whip 8 or 10 in different colours and styles, but I don't. I have to go noe because my hands are getting too cold to type on the keyboard. Silly.

3 comments:

Gail said...

surely they wouldnt be hard to sew out of some funky knit fabric, Liz has an overlocker right? just cut a pattern off your old ones and whip them up on the overlooker. Piece of cake!
Vermont maybe colder but something I have noticed is everyone actually heats their houses here! Electricity is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper, so we all use it as though there are no consequences... Im just as much to blame as anyone. I have my air conditioning going right now - I've become a wimp!

Charlotte Rose said...

I feel you Chris, I know CHCH is way colder than HAM, but I am cold just the same. Get Liz or Lucy to knit you something. Like anything. I agree with gail get some material and try and whip up something on lizs sewing machine, easier said than done though as I don't actually sew or knit and I wish I could. Good luck and may you find something to keep u warm. Those arm warmers are really cool.

Chris said...

yes, i should do just that. hmmm. i wish i could just do it...i don't want to put anyone out...no, once i finish school I am going to do it. Yep. I can use a sewing machine...sort of. Thanks gals!