7.03.2006

Welcome home to NZ!


The contrast. 20 hrs. later we were flying above the Southern Alps in NZ. In 2 months, the snow has fallen more than it has for years here in NZ and so has the temperature. We had a week in Christchurch to get our bodies readjusted to the time, hang out with the family and our friends, and did I say sleep? We are back in Queenstown now, back to the restaurant, and off to do some snowboarding on this amazing snow they've got down here...even though we don't really snowboard, but we'll try our hand at it. I think my butt still hurts from my atempt 7 years ago on an icy night in Stowe, VT. We'll be down here for the next few months paying off Treece...oh, it was worth it. It was lovely. I will daydream about sitting on the back of the yacht in the glorious sun or wandering villages in Turkey. I already miss my tan and in contrast now every inch of my body is covered with layers of woolens and at the moment I am even wearing ear muffs...no I'm not sitting outside. Welcome to NZ winter! Welcome home Mike and Chris! Posted by Picasa

No comments: