2.09.2012

New accessory trend--goggles.












This is a common scene in the house these days. I don't even know the word he uses for goggles but he breaks them out to "woke" with his "toos". He watches everything very closely and mimics it later especially when Mike is working with any kind of tool. Notice they way he is holding the screw driver just right and showing such focus. Although, ;ooking back on these photos, they kind of feel like a he's a model in a product or clothing shoot.   He looks aloof, a bit nonchalant and even fake in some shots. Funny.

I have got to get a better video of him talking because he talks a lot--even in sentences. Today, he was saying "I do" or "I did" to everything. Would you like some cereal? I doooo. Do you want to go outside? I doooo. I know most of it sounds like complete babble to everyone else but he knows lots of words, he just can't say them properly.

Nothing gets to Mike quite like an out of focus picture so this post is going to bother him. I wasn't on my A-game but these shots were just too good with the goggles and the new jersey knitted by liz looks so cool on him. Plus, his hair is long and wacky and it looks so awesome over his goggles. I also love this shot of our girl and Mike from Sunday morning when he got the kids all ready for church and brought her down to the Inn where I was working (and hanging with Gordon Ramsay) to eat. I like the way she is looking into the distance almost longingly she has crazy long fingers. I need to go to bed now. 


4 comments:

Normal Mom said...

Once again, I must mention that I love her vintage 1998 dress.

Normal Mom said...

It's too bad Lars isn't old enough to just go around and start fixing up your house himself. He's got the tools!

Leilani Bascom said...

So funny, I was thinking how awesome his long hair looked with the goggles, and how aloof he appeared in some photos, and then you mentioned those things! Echoing Joy, hopefully he'll be really helpful around the house as he gets older :)

McKay said...

I'm with Lelani - I was totally thinking it looked like a catalog shoot, especially the first picture