5.08.2011

Beautiful Day.








I told Mom I would get some new pictures up for her for Mother's Day and it is getting onto midnight here, so hopefully you can enjoy our little boy's face as you starting your day just about now. Actually, you have been probably been up for hours. I hope you have a wonderful day today Mom.

It has been a day full of yummy food and great company. Our boy is finding great ease in his toddlerhood and moving into his independence with great vigor which can be exhausting but I love everything about being his, especially when he says "hi" in his little sweet voice and leans his head in for a kiss and pats my back and grins with his little crooked front tooth.

It has been pretty overcast and rainy here but then on Thursday it was gorgeous, clear and sunny so we took a drive over the hills to Akaroa. We took turns driving with Mike in his dad's fast car along the windy roads to feel the wind rip through our air and feel the gravel jump into our seats. It was a blast. Being with Mike in that car reminds me of the first time I met Mike--literally-- so that's always exciting. We came over the summit roads as the sun was setting and drove above the cloud cover over Christchurch. It was beautiful.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Bump and Erin said...

Beautiful pictures! I love that car too! Sweet!

felicity said...

Oh my beautifulness. And that car?? What? So fun. Lars is so big and such a handsome little bugger.