4.12.2011

The first leg


After a what seemed like an endless day, he is finally asleep for the night. Except for the hour, pictured above, our boy stayed wide awake for all 9 hours of travel time today and that was after being woken up at 3AM for the ride to the airport. Yippeee! I am really glad I packed as much food as I did. I would also like to thank the flight attendant who brought the lidded cup of ice as a distraction tool at one breaking point. That kept him entertained for a good 20 minutes and then there was the 30 minutes of putting stickers all over his body. It was all good, just long and we were tired to begin with so it is nice to be in Santa Monica for the night so we can get some rest before the 13 hour flight tomorrow night. Mike and Josh are off to a movie and I am off to bed.


3 comments:

Normal Mom said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

Gail said...

hope you guys have a wonderful time... hug Mack for me, and give him a great big congratulations kiss. .... and hold lizzy tight... and man I wish I was going home too.

Sara said...

Good luck on the trip! And I love your new blog header - its been awhile since I checked in so this is the first I've noticed it :)