7.04.2010

Wow, that was a blur of year

My boys
Mike on skype with his parents right after he was born.

I will always love this shot.

Our little kiwi boy turns one on Saturday. Uh, that went by kind of at a blurred top speed. It honestly does go by so much faster than you think. People, always tell you that and it's true because somehow are boy is one! If I can find the moments this week, I am going to take the time to remember some of this past year starting with the day he was born.

Things I am remembering:
* The way my contractions started just before midnight on his due date. It's like he knew and got things rolling.
* Watching episodes of "Ice Road Truckers" and "The Office" on hulu while I was home contracting.
* Clenching the head rest of Mike's seat as he SPED to the hospital while the "Last of the Mohicans" soundtrack BLASTED--it really helped me. Daaaaa da da da da da da daaaaaaaa.....
* Having the midwife peak her head into triage right after I got to the hospital and heard my contraction grunt and said, "uh, this woman is going to have a baby" 20 odd minutes later I did.
* The oxygen I breathed in between contractions and pushes felt sooooooo cool and good. Deep, deep cool breaths of oxygen. Nothing like getting high on some 02.
* The midwife checking out the placenta and kind of giving us a tour (sounds grosse but it was actually very interesting and the btw, mine showed no signs of thinning...the preeclampsia thing)
* Mike almost fainting :)
* The feeling of relief!

2 comments:

Rich Vial said...

Wow, I am speechless.

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

I can't believe he is one already!