5.03.2010

weekend in nyc






eyeballs and I got a ride down to NYC this past weekend for the baby shower of one of my high school friends. He travels so well in the car or wherever. We walked all over the show and he was content perched up in his back pack (soooo many people asked me where we got the macpac pack) which I am very glad we got while we were in New Zealand.

First stop, a new york slice of pizza and that night we went to a cool wine bar with lovely rustic food. There were so many kids in Brooklyn and it was the very early hour of 7PM. I had a pancetta and tomato panini with lemon aioli. The city was in full summer mode (it was in the high 80s) and it was perfect. I was also able to connect with one of my college friends I met in London and we meandered around the streets of Brooklyn and stopped at a French bakery for a croissant and juice. I found myself drooling over the beautiful fruits at the groceries and how much cheaper things were.

We stayed the night our friends' tiny square foot apartment and we shared a bigger than average couch for bed. He isn't into sharing space anymore. I slept on the opposite end to him and I wake up to him pulling on my nose, having climbed up from his end to mine. He was wired and didn't get settled in until 10PM so we were a little sleepy the next day to say the least.

There are also happened to be a 5 boro bridge bike race Sunday morning so everything was on a hold as thousands of bikes raced ALL over the city. It made the travel to the baby shower in Long Island a bit more complicated but we made it. Brie's friends put on a great spread of food at the shower including the most amazing goat cheese, fig, and rosemary bruschetta. Can you tell I was into the eating part of the weekend? Our boy hasn't quite experienced that heat so he was a little sweat ball during the shower but still managed to win everyone's attention.

More pictures on the sublime eye site.

Mike and I most definitely need to go down there more often.

1 comment:

mim said...

yes, you do need to come down more often! so good to see you. we'll plan a wknd to come up this summer.