1.28.2010

How time has changed us, sort of.


us, Thailand 2004

I am trying to get organized and start to pack our lives back into the the duffel bags we brought them to New Zealand in but packing is something I do not like to do. I am deflecting and posting a picture of us when we were in Thailand on our honeymoon. I found it in a very old email on my old account.

Lucy will remember this because we were in Chang Mai and heading to Taiwan to live but looking for jobs--Man, we have had a lot fun trips all together haven't we? There was a guy looking for teachers but wanted our CVs and more importantly a picture of us to show that we were "white and good looking". We had been married maybe a month.

We look so young and were so newly married. I think I will finally acknowledge that my mom is right, I look much better with some sort of bangs/fringe. I tried to fight it because I had a fringe all growing up but I believe it is the truth. That forehead needs some coverin'.

Now we have a little boy and life feels a bit more complex and tiring compared to then but very good. I feel blessed to have such amazing family in the States and New Zealand and excited for our boy to have so many people that love and adore him. He is one lucky little kiwi--well half kiwi. I love my boys.

We have had a great time on our break-just what the doctor ordered, if a doctor could have ordered something but we are ready to get home. I think I am even a little bit excited for some snow and a bit of winter--I think.


us, New Zealand 2010

5 comments:

Rich Vial said...

Fun thoughtful post. You look more beautiful every day you collect a bit more life Chris!

Josh said...

i do remember that, in fact it was probably me taking that photo.

Josh said...

oh and this is lucy, on josh's computer

viv said...

Love that pic of the three of you especially little Lars in his woolly green hat looking rather snug...

Charlotte Rose said...

Cool photo from back in the day - I adore old photos and the memories they bring back: )