12.07.2009

Travel half way across the world. Check.

We have arrived in Christchurch, New Zealand after 21 hours on planes and 3 days transit time. Luckily, we took a break in Santa Cruz, CA before the big leap over the Ocean for some much needed some sleep. The little guy did very well and was in great spirits until the last hour flight when he had had enough--we all had.

Funny thing is, I feel alright. Sure, the jetlag might kick in later but I think the general fatigue from being a new parent has left me so tired all the time that this doesn't feel any different. It felt excellent to take a shower and wash off the airports.

We had been off the plane maybe an hour when we were cruising the streets of Christchurch on a quest (binge) for all of the foods Mike has been thinking about the last couple years. He said he wanted to get it out of his system. ChCh, has some great sushi so the first stop was for me. Then we headed over to the other side of town to a bakery by his old high school to get a sausage roll and meat pie. Apparently the sausage roll was great but the meat pie wasn't worth more than a bite. Oh, and don't forget the lolly cake. Finally, we headed to the Mall to get a Cookies n' Cream thick shake. We stopped by Mike's old camera shop and he still holds the record for the most cameras sold in a day (by a long shot) --40--All he has left is Fish n' Chips which I am sure will be purchased today.

It is warm and green and all is well.

the boys on the beach in Santa Cruz

Who wouldn't want a whole smoked Turkey leg?
This seemed odd to us. At the Santa Cruz boardwalk.

He slept a large portion of the 13 hours on my lap like this.

Lolly cake--literally candies smushed into cake.

I thought this ad campaign I saw in ChCh was pretty sweet.

One zonked out and time zone confused little guy

6 comments:

Gail said...

glad y'all made it safely. I think if I start to see lots of images of chch, im going to have to stop looking at your blog. my heart can not cope!
:)

Lucy said...

I cannot even tell you how jealous i am. I cried when i read this.

me said...

aww, i miss chch. Say hi to everyone for us. Oh hey, Camilla get's married next wednesday btw, if you wanted to attend or anything. I have no idea what's going on with it, but chris and cheryl will know

Anonymous said...

glad you made it safe there.

Unknown said...

Turkey legs like that are common place down here. We see them at the rodeo and the renaissance festival in particular. Love'em. Nothing like biting off a hunk of leg.

felicity said...

That turkey leg was the best. I mean, the BEST thing I've seen in a long time. What the???