9.03.2009

Zanesville, Ohio


Somewhere in PA on some Turnpike at some Rest stop.

The route.

Zane Grey colonized the west with his popular novellas from the 1880's to about 1910--tid bits of info mom shares with me along our journey. Mom, the boy, and I are in a Zanesville, Ohio.

Mom's family is having a big reunion next weekend in Utah and she also needed to get the mini to New Mexico. We didn't want her to drive alone and as I am always up for an adventure and adventures with my little man--here we are, in Ohio.

Mike getting his boy ready in his camo hoody.

The boy in the seat he will be spending a lot of time in.

Stretching break 1.
Stretching break 2.


The Mini is PACKED! We have everything perfectly positioned and are getting more efficient at the precise positioning of our bodies and stuff in the wee car which I LOVE driving. The weather has been lovely and the boy has been a super star traveler. We stop when he needs to eat and get a little stretching time and back in. So far so good. Last night he even slept 7 hours! Did I mention super star?

Stretching break 3.The boy likes to stand.
So far...
- I am mastering the diaper change on my lap in the back of the mini.
- 80% of the roads we have traveled have some sort of construction on them.
- I am GPS dependent.
- The Days Inn in Scranton, Pennsylvania is past its prime. Did it have a prime?
- The barns in Pennslyvania are rectangular with long tall shutters.
- The boy is smiling more everyday.
- Messona, PA has WAY too many strip club/bars for such a small town.
- Bob Evans has really really good Strawberry Crepes.
- My son is an AMAZING traveler (at this point in his 8 week life)

Windsor has more going on than Messona, PA.

Smiles.

My son looks scared and I look a bit scarry.

Tomorrow we are on to Illinois to see Joy and her family for a couple days. Woo-hoo. Miss you Mike--these pix of your boy are for you!

No comments: