8.20.2009

Mike.





Yesterday was Mike's day and we had a joint party with our lil one year old nephew. We enjoyed yum yum yummy BLT's and a totally indulgent ice cream sandwich ice cream cake thanks to Chelle. Mike's first birthday as a dad. I love seeing Mike with his little boy.

that same little boy has been eating ALL the time and NOT taking many naps (or maybe I just feel this way) and it is really really HOT. I felt like a real mom today when his nappy leaked all over me and then I looked at my shirt and I had forgot a breast pad and I had leaked. Awesome.
The combination of all of these things has been totally exhausting but...he is sweet and it is all ok.

Goodnight. Here's to a smooth night.


5 comments:

Normal Mom said...

Thanks for the pictures. I was wondering how everything went today. I'd say you've really been inducted into motherhood with all the leaking. Welcome to the club. On Mother's Day 2001, Shannon was about one month old. I had one outfit that fit for church, which she threw up on while we were at church. Then somehow she got me again on the back (misplaced burp cloth). It was a horrible day at church, but after that I figured I could do anything.
I like Mike's hat! Lars is really beginning to change!

Rich Vial said...

The Boston hat makes the pics.

Gail said...

was that a slightly american twang I heard there? shocking lol. Happy B'day Mike. Fatherhood becomes you.

Lovin the bright red pic ... delish!

Leilani Bascom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE!!!!!!!!!! and wow, Little Lars is really really growing!

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

Happy birthday mike! I can't wait to come see everyone in September!