8.31.2009

baby shower.


The sisters had been planning a baby shower since June but then I had all those phantom complications that kept pushing it back until last Saturday. K80 had planned an outdoor soiree at the Inn but with 100% chance of rain, we moved over to McKay's house--it was lovely.

I have only ever been to one baby shower and we played very awkward games (guess the smushed up candy bars in the diapers and dress someone in a diaper using toilet paper) and showers scared me from there on out.

Not this one. Mom and the gals made really really yummy snacks (and my fav fruit salad) and people came, mingled, and brought such cool gifts for me and lars. It was really fun opening all of those gifts including 3 homemade quilts.


My neighbor, brought her harp and played lars a lullabye and then played a song from a friend of hers and brought an illustrated book for each of us to sing along. It was beautiful and I haven't been able to get the tune out of my head--lars' lullabye. So so sweet of her.


lars fell asleep within the first 15 minutes of people arriving and stayed asleep the entire time! It was a really great afternoon with friends from high school, college, church friends, old friends, new friends, nieghbors, and family.



Thank you McKay, K80, Chelle, and Mom.

4 comments:

Normal Mom said...

Wow! What a lovely party! I'm so glad you had a nice shower. I love the harp and story, so cool!

Gail said...

awesome! And you get to have all those great experiences of the baby shower with out being uncomfortably pregnant at the same time!!! Yay Lars, you rock star!

me said...

wonderful! look at those fancy snacks! what's going on with those little strawberry in the cupcake paper things, they look awesome, i want to try that!

Sara said...

It was a lovely party - and it was fun to be there...Your favorite fruit salad was awesome! I keep trying to remember everything that was in it!