8.11.2009

1 month.



This little man is officially 1 month old and 8 lbs. People keep saying how little he is (and he is) but I am used to it and sort of wish he would stay "permanently tiny" as our 5-year old friend Maya wished as well.

I think the thing that I am continually amazed at is that I made this little boy inside of me-his perfect little ears, clear blue eyes and eye balls, his dark brown mohawky hair, his skinny little legs, his lovely dark eyelashes(just like his dad) his round little tummy, and his rather large nostrils--all inside of me. Astounding.

I can sort of see a rhythm emerging sometimes. He takes a longish nap in the early afternoon and the last few days has been getting nearly a 4 hour stretch at nights. After even 3 hours I feel like I could take on the day. Oh how fast things change.

He is just starting to show sign of smiles as opposed to the grumpier/confused faces of his early weeks--although cute, these nice happier looking faces help me feel like he isn't totally frustrated with the efforts of his new mum at what I feel is mind reading. When he does cry (and he rarely ever does) and I mean the real cries where his lips quiver and he turns red, he lets out the cutest little squeak.

He seems to like being close to a window and seeing the movement of light and shadow. When he is awake he will focus right in on your eyes and it actually is a stunning moment when he does. His hair is progressively looking more and more like a receding hair line of an old man as his head grows with his little mohawk looking more like Alfalfa's spike from the Little Rascals. He seems to like being outside--calms right down and often falls asleep. I have been able to enjoy some nice walks with him in the lovely summer weather (that finally came).


Some of our boy from this week:





4 comments:

paula said...

oh so cute can almost smell how cute he is......Hmmm baby smells well clean baby smells are the best...Enjoy them now because little boys smells are not so pleasant..

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

Very cute!

Elise Louise said...

He is the cutest thing! I am going to have to get over to see him more often!!!

See you soon!

Loves!

Elise Louise

felicity said...

I am officially in love with Lars - is that ok?