6.28.2009

38 and 2/7 weeks.



We just keep on going don't we? Still pregnant and still feeling fine minus all the usual pregnancy annoyances and frustations. There is no plan of induction unless it looks like my body is ready and as of Friday, it wasn't so we will just keep on going as long as I am stable and there are no symptoms of preeclampsia and the baby looks good. Now watch, I will go over!

It has been a bit of a roller coaster the last 6 weeks of this pregnancy which have been more frustrating than anything. But whose pregnancy isn't? It has been hard to have to pull out of the Inn work that I was doing everyday and watch how hard everyone else is working and not be able to get in. But, I think pulling out from all the physical labor and stress is probably exactly what I needed to stabilize. It is all good. I am also thankful for the positive thoughts and prayers of people in my life both close to me and far away. It is always comforting to not feel alone.

These last days are quite odd really. I feel like I am straddling two worlds at once--the one I have comfortably lived in my whole life (and the one with just Mike) and one that I know will be something I can't even comprehend at this point. I can't describe it. I want him here but I don't. I am excited sometimes and nervous other times about having this new little person to take care of--wow.

Onto another week.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are looking awesome! I know it is so exciting to plan this new stage of your life - with a little one!

Such precious gifts...

I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts!