1.09.2009

5 years.







Looking at these pictures is hilarious. We might look younger, I might wonder why I chose that cut for my dress (still no question on the pink heels of course), or why I didn't veto Mike wearing a pale lime green shirt we got him in NZ and purple tie (but I didn't want him wearing plane ole white), but none of it mattered. We were together again after 74 long days apart and weren't going to have to be apart again in the foreseeable future.

Italy, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Turkey, Greece, China, Tibet, Nepal, India, England, and the USA--together. Being setted could possibly be the hardest thing for us but we are trying our darndest--for a while at least. I could be anywhere with Mike.

I won't wax on in this public forum but I found these pix yesterday and enjoyed seeing our faces from 5 years ago and know that although we might look different now we still feel just as young, silly, in love and excited for the days ahead.

Note: Leilani took these pictures of us up at the Rockhound Park in Deming, New Mexico as the sun was setting against Las Floridas a few days before the wedding. We saw the light and rushed into our clothes, mom through my hair up and were there just in time to catch the fading light. She has always been so good at capturing people on film (yes we got married before digital was really that big). I desperately wanted her to take new pix of me and Mike when she was out but life gets busy so until her next visit we will wait. I waited 5 years to see you but let's not do that again ok?

4 comments:

Charlotte Rose said...

Wow Congrats Chris and Mike - You guys have been all over the world togther - very cool. Good Luck for the new year you guys.

Gail said...

Has it really been 5 years? WOW... In some ways it seems like you guys have always been together.

Congratulations, life is really movin and shakin for you. This year will be like no other. Brava.

Blessings.

Normal Mom said...

Your dress was/is amazing! It looked so beautiful on you. I did like the hair down on the wedding day better than the updo. But I love those pictures too, it just brings back floods of memories. Driving that enormous van all the way to Arizona and back, buying colored water pitchers apt Walmart, stopping at Sonic with McKay (I think), finding the perfect sweater to create the outfit I wanted to wear on your wedding day, being just barely pregnant with Miranda, Shanny rubbing Dad's "fuzzy hair", our impromtu Bachelorette party, and on and on. It was so much fun. It was a lot of emotions to take in for one weekend, but it was a great start to a wonderful life you've led together.
Love you both!

Leilani Bascom said...

i'm not waiting five years to see you again either! love you both