7.28.2008

Goodbye Mom.

Cue Music (we both loved this song in MM). Pix from our last night together.
















I am feeling a bit sad tonight. Mom is going home tomorrow and it has been quite the past 6 weeks that she has been here and we could not have made it out like we did without her. She has been absolutely amazing and is, hands down, the hardest working person we know. I am glad she is going home to Dad so he can dote on her and spoil her a bit but we sure do hope we see them again soon and next time Big Red is with her.

Having been away from home for so many years, I actually forgot how it felt to have Mom so close and be able to have someone around who actually knows you better than anyone else ever, in the whole world and is your total numero uno, advocate in life. I think we all needed a bit of that this summer, I know I certainly have, more than ever so here is a little tribute, to the one, the only, Chaz.

7 comments:

Normal Mom said...

Mom is pretty special. I am happy for Dad, but I'm so glad she was there for as long as she was. That was an important time in our family for her to be near all of you.
But I have to say...I'm glad she's going home so I can have my regular hour long telephone conversations with her because I won't have to eat up minutes on her tracfone or your phone! :)
And it's been so nice to see you twice in one year, after this post though, I think I may want to make it three times!

sivab said...

DUDE MIKEY!!!!! Mother-in-law. Chair. Now. Jeeez obviously we let you go too soon and you weren't fully trained.

marian said...

sivab, I was about to make the same comment - note how incredibly loving we all are, that we take all the chairs and make Chaz sit on the ground. GULP.

I'm really sad to see her go, but I just have to cross my fingers that they'll be back soon. Chaz, we'll really really miss you.

Chelle said...

I second everything you said Chris, she is a great mother-in-law and friend.

Normal Mom said...

Why did you have to put that song on there???? It makes me tear up every time I hear it.

And even though getting a chair would have been polite (and My BROTHERS should have been the gentlemen there...) Mom is a nature girl and she loves to eat outdoors. She was probably happy to be one with the earth :)

Gail said...

i wish i wish i wish...

you are so blessed to have a mom that is your cheerleader Chris.

so blessed.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow, those pictures are fantastic. Your mom is so cute.