3.20.2008

Well its not THAT big

Didn't mean to make people think I had any BIG news to share (s-dawg)...but there have been some significant marks to the past couple weeks.





First off, I got my first official cell phone. 'Tis true, I have never actually had my own phone in which was not borrowed or shared. I had been borrowing one and needed to give it back and so Mike and Nate went and picked this one out for me. I really didn't care but its very nice and was only 19.99 with the rebate ;) Mike got a Blackberry and I was going to take a cool photo to show off its sleekness but I can't seem to separate it from Mike. He claims it has improved his work by 150%.

Secondly, I got paid for my first official job and am also training for a 1/2 marathon in June so got myself a nano and the nike+ that tracks your distance, pace, calorie burn, and even lets you set a power song so you can simply push a button when you need that extra kick. Two of my SILs (sister in laws) have them and decided as it is getting springish out, it would help me track my outside runs. Mike was going to get my a shuffle for my birthday so we just decided to upgrade to the nano so I could get the nike+ and I got Mike a shuffle instead. I calibrated it this morning on my 3 mile run and LOVE it.

Thirdly, and this is the most exciting (I don't know, the nano is pretty exciting) I got my very own business cards printed for Sublime eye this week. There was this incredible deal from this online printing company and I thought I would just get some done, even if they weren't super great quality, just so I had something BUT I am really pleased with how they look. Work is building slowly but steadily as in I am getting more work from outside clients (I could stay forever busy doing stuff just for the family business stuff) and everyone helps pimp everyone else out. Mck helped me put up a little splash page I designed for the Sublime eye website but there isn't much there yet. I am going to get a little folio of work and also some of my fabric designs I have been working on which will be under another name, ontology. It's just hard finding time for everything.

So those are the bits of exciting news. Sorry if it was disappointing.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

More than anything I'm enjoying the display of the news. Great pics for your items of the week. Quite professional shots. The business cards with one flipped over for example, very cool.

Gail said...

Congrats on all the tech gadgets to help you along the way.
Chris, I am seriously loving your business cards!
I think they look fabulous!

marian said...

personally, I'm enjoying guessing where those pictures were taken, since it is my house and all...

fun gadgets! And yes, gorgeous business cards. I'm so proud and excited to have some myself!!!

Chris said...

I had to go where the light was good..Yeah, I gave the cards to the Lelands today and they were really impressed so I am happy people like them and I like them as well!