7.04.2007

and the monster takes over...

This is how I feel about being sick...THEIR WAR.MY BODY. Not a happy camper. Overnight, it has taken siege on my throat. The sort when you avoid swallowing because it hurts so much, but not the shattered glass kind, just the throbbing, almost aching kind. Anyone want to diagnose me? I've been watching the 2nd Season of House while in bed so I am all about the diagnostic. I think I need a LP to determine the BP of my hypersyslertesion. I think I just haven't been sick in a long time and it's winter and it is inevitable.

On another note...We went to see Transformers the other night. That's right, it came out here a whole week before it did in the states...I guess since there is no independence day here they needed to strategically release on. Boy, did I feel America as I watched it...good ole US of A. Guilty pleasure, I really liked it! When I heard the voice of Optimus Prime (actually the same guy as the cartoon) some bit of youth full of hope and dreams was reawakened and I sat through the movie in (quite close to) giddiness. I was taken back to all of our toys (we had lots of Transformers) and hearing my brothers try to make the "transforming sound" and I quote, "Chk, Chok, Chotk, Chik, Tchcok Schikck" but boy was that "sound" pretty darn cool in a big theatre with big speakers...Sure, the teenage, very Armegeddon and every other 4th of July, plot was dumb but that didn't even bother me because the Transformers were so cool. I mean, I actually wanted to be friends with Optimus Prime. As in, I walked out of the theatre and thought, "He's so cool" like he were Brad Pitt and yes, this was before I was sick. The CG was a step above. Very cool. It even had some great little subtle (or not so) lines that were no doubt placed in with Steven Spielberg's overseeing prowess about America. Although as a disclaimer, I am a sucker for the 4th of July movie, should I admit that? Tis true. I don't like them later but I love them in the moment. Ok. back to being really sick now.Happy 4th to all those celebrating!

2 comments:

Charlotte Rose said...

Hey, It sucks being sick, I hope you get better soon. Transformers aye, I remember Pita had them all, and they were pretty cool toys. Anyway enjoy House and get well.

Gail said...

hahaha I remember Pita having them too! funny.

Well, the sickness is plaguing your body, want some airbonne? I love that stuff, works miracles too. I can send you some if you want - serious!.

Hope you feel better soon and we had a super celebratory 4th for ya! in the hot hot sun... argh.