5.23.2007

BIG NEWS!

The time has come that I have been missing for months now....we are getting internet!!! So soon there will be more posts, more pictures, more fun times to share with the world. We got an affordable plan and decided it would be such a bonus for my work and to keep in contact with my family as we all coordinate the big move. I was so into blogging there for a while and learning all the code so I'll have to reteach myself. We've been taking lots of pictures with our new camera and lenses so I can share some of those as well.

All is well down here with us. Mike is in the thick of getting his essays written. I think he has 3 essays and 4 short answers due in the next 2.5 weeks and then another month to get his Honours thesis in. He feels like he's started much earlier than he normally does so hey, to each their own.

I am in my third week of an internship with The New Embassy (Design Company) here in Christchurch so I have been working here and not going to school. It's been fantastic. The bosses, Carl and Kara, are very chill, very funny, and very good designers. I've mostly been working on logo work but it's been better than sitting in school which was getting a bit stale. It's great to be around creative energy. Last weekend I was able to be part of their team in the 48 hr film festival. I will post a couple pictures and I think we are getting a website up that will have the film and some outtakes. There were 200 teams in all of NZ and the Christchurch heats are this weekend. Every team is given a genre and you have 48 hrs. to make a 7 minute film. Everyone has to use the character Jerry Reid (a hypochondriac), a rope, and the line 'What do you call that?". It was quite the experience. In fact, it was fantastic. I had so much fun. I didn't star in the movie, but my hand makes an appearance holding the sound boom. Our genre was "Educational" and we made a movie on Super Cabbages...I'll explain more later.

Well I have to get to work...soon there will be many pictures and more superfluous information on our lives and my thoughts.

1 comment:

marian said...

SO GLAD that you'll be back online! I've missed you...