9.18.2006

That "What What" of Fall 2006

I am really not a fashionista but hey I want to be in the design world and I've been doing lots of research of graphic and interior so I thought I'd see all about the "what what" of Fall 2006 from the NY show ...of course I am going into Spring so I won't be able to dawn any of these looks but I thought some of you (that is if anyone reads this) might appreciate some advice (according to "the" trend setters).

First we have the Bubble:
Look forward to ballooning skirts. They just hide your hips and tummy and make you look 1 trillion times worse. But if you do feel the bubble look is for you, make sure you find a hat just like that one. It's an extraordinary look that I think it could really enhance our looks.

Next: Oversize
Wow, I need this look...I think this would really say who I am on my first day back at school. I might be able to achieve this very look if I cut a hole in a circular side table, pull it up to my hips, and then drap a ruffly table cloth over me head. Yes, I think that could really look great!

Thirdly there is Layering:



I think this look will really help us all feel better abour ourselves and our bodies. Plus, we can take all the crap we have sitting in our closet that we need to chuck and wear it all at once. I think I might actually have to buy that mask/hat thing she's wearing though. That's a must and I am going to get busy right away gluing toothpicks to my boots to try and mimic that spike look. Just inspriring.

And Finally (and this one I actually quite like) Napoleonic:

Yes, she looks sexy. Just gotta get rid of my hips and boobs. Who would of thought that short little General would have inspired a line of fashion hundreds of years after his demise...I bet he'd love it. Yes, I like this look...and quite a few of the other Napoleonic fashions I've seen.


Will I buy into it? NO! Following trends is a waste of time and too damn expensive. But I hope you've enjoyed this bit of Fashion Informing for Fall 2006. I know I have. Now we all know a little bit about some of the more important things going on in the world this week.

Happy Fashioning.

No comments: