4.05.2006

The Initiation of 'The Cinnamon Roll"


I have finally made my mom's cinnamon roll. The cinnamon roll I grew up inhaling and also the cinnamon roll that she made by the hundreds to sell after school when we were fundraising for our theatre troupe to go to Scotland. So I did my best and considering the altered country with slighty different ingredients and yeast...which could be "anywhere up to 5 years old" Sash said as I poured it in...hmmm (hey, I was desperate for them) I think they turned out okay. I would have liked the dough to rise a bit more because they are pretty intense but luckily Ben likes them that way and again next time I will steer away from the ancient yeast. We are seriously trying to budget since we have our huge trip coming up and have very little excess but hey, I'm cool with that for what we have ahead of us. Mike is up in Christchurch so he missed the initiation of Chaz's cinnamon rolls to New Zealand but now that I've seen the potential, I'll keep trying. Posted by Picasa

No comments: