4.15.2005

Saturday. We leave Tomorrow.

Yesterday was the last day of school for us. I had pangs of sadness but it was nothing like when a semester of school is over and you feel such relief, but more just the pangs of the end of something that was mostly very very good. We hadn't told any of the kids we were leaving, and not that it shocked any of them too much, but I did see one little boy get a little teary eyed which I think is because he almost always got the most points at the end of the week and would get a sticker or treat and feared those days were over. My little kids said, "Where you going Teacher Chraaak?" and one said "I not let you go" but it all lasted about 25 seconds and then they were on with their lives. It was quite the experience and we really enjoyed our school, the teachers, and the principals. Today, Saturday, is our last day in Taiwan and its free with no work? What will the day bring??? Some final glances at things Taiwan.

No comments: